'Get in my belly!' Thats what my boy says! (oh and that fella from the movie Austin Powers right?)
These pancakes are stuffed full of protein and potassium. Stuff we need to start the day right.
Drizzle with raw honey and what more could you ask for. Beeeeelicious. bzzzzzzz.
You can buy local and raw honey at most stores. Sprout Market usually has a good selection.
Anyway, I know you are in a rush so here is the recipe! Enjoy
- 1 cup cashew meal (you can use almond meal, it just won’t be as sweet)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 whipped eggs (room temp)
- 1/4 cup mashed banana (you could even add a few EnjoyLife choc chips!)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Coconut oil or coconut spread for frying
- Whisk together cashew meal, baking powder and melted honey.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and add eggs, coconut milk and vanilla.
- Stir well with whisk to combine.
- Melt oil/spread in a frying pan over medium low heat.
- Drop batter by the 1/4 cup into the frying pan.
- Cook pancakes until edges are firm and bubbles form on the top and the bottom is browned.
- Flip and cook until the other side is brown.
- Drizzle a little warm honey and top with sliced banana